In our case, the caller doesn't "know" whether the called subroutine is
base 31 or base 64.  So it is up to the called subroutine to "figure out"
whether the caller used a 72 byte save area or a 144 byte save area.
Parameters to the macro set addressing mode, RSA size, etc.  This allows
for a 31 bit module to call a 64 bit subroutine and vice versa.  That's
what I really mean by "switches between".  The one caveat is that the
caller must provide a large enough area to allow for the 144 byte area.

Since some subroutines accept arguments in R0 and/or R1 (and unfortunately
assume other registers are pre-loaded) those can't be touched before being
saved.  Likewise, if the routine is called from another 64 bit subroutine,
the high halves of registers are (potentially) in use.  However, since
(currently) all of our programs run below the bar, using the high half of
R14 may be an option.  I need to look into using a FPR or AR but the 4 byte
literal pool works for now.  Storing R14 in 8(R13) is not a bad idea either.

Thanks!

*Mark*