ITYM more than 15 digits. The easiest way is with Vector Pack Zoned (VPKZ).

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Dave Clark [dlcl...@winsupplyinc.com]
Sent: Friday, January 7, 2022 2:34 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Convert Zoned to Packed

        If it is possible, how do you code in assembler to convert more
than 16 digits of zoned data into a packed field?  I'm presuming, of
course, that a packed field can be longer than 8 bytes in assembler.  VSE
COBOL can handle 18 digits, correct?  So, that would be a 10-byte packed
field.  But it seems the assembler PACK instruction can only handle up to
16 digits of zoned data.  Am I missing something?

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
int.ext: 91078
direct: (937) 531-6378

Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary
information. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all
copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this
message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any error in transmission.