"IBM Mainframe Assembler List" <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
02/11/2022 06:13:52 PM:
> As others have mentioned, you can roll both the L1 and L2 into the reg
> you are using to OR into the ZAP instruction.
>
> But, remember, this is an OR, not a store. If one of your lengths is a
> constant, while the other is a variable, then you only need to fill one
> of the lengths into the reg.

        Yep, I was just thinking exactly that...  I don't need to combine
the lengths because L1 is always the same and the OR part of EX won't
touch it.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary
information. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all
copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this
message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any error in transmission.