From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List [ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf
of Dave Clark [dlcl...@winsupplyinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2023 11:43 AM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Self-documenting Bit Settings

"IBM Mainframe Assembler List" <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> wrote on
08/17/2023 10:06:50 AM:
> Note that one possible drawback of all these schemes is they don't
easily
> support multiple bit operations.  But that's typically not important.

        Please explain to me what you mean by "multiple bit operations".
Thanks.  To me, it just sounds like a bit mask that has more than one bit
set (and to test) at the same time.  But I don't see how this scenario
doesn't support that -- as it is all part of the same mask-- so, you must
be talking about something else.   ;-)

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
int.ext: 91078
direct: (937) 531-6378

Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named
addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary
information. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all
copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this
message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any error in transmission.