Having nonprintable characters in the mail header is NOT allowed.
Not only this - but those characters (if processed) may cause an
unexpected assp behavior and/or perl crashes. ASSP will remove them for
internal processing
The next version will have a hidden option to completely disable the
RFC2047 check.
How ever, it is strongly recommended to leave this check 'ON'.

>I can't rely on Canon, Xerox or HP  to fix there buggy cr*p.
YOU CAN'T ???? But I have to fix this sh...????

btw - the mail subject on those machines is configurable - and they never
use nonprintable characters per default!

Thomas

Von:    Gooegg <sysad...@satelcom.qc.ca>
Datum:  22.09.2016 17:19
Betreff:        [Assp-test] Feature request

Hi all,

I would like to know if it could be possible to have and separate Msg/IP
scorring for messages with non printable characters in
undecoded subject (RFC2047) or have a way to disable just that that check?
 I'am asking this because I have a rather large user base
of mostly french speaking people, and a lot of HAM messages, mostly coming
from MFC printers, FAX Machines and B2B Portals  are
triggering the bombSubjectRE and then get blocked by ASSP.  I don't want
to have to disable doBombHeaderRe or lower  bombValencePB
here because I use bombSubjectRE extensively to trap scams and
spear-phishing emails and it work's great.  It's just that RFC2047
check that is giving me some troubles... and apparently I can't rely on
Canon, Xerox or HP  to fix there buggy cr*p.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work,

--
Gooegg

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!