>an email
>with 11 MB of attachments takes 19 seconds with TLS turned off, and with
>TLS on 662 seconds.

What if the message SIZE announcement is missing (not sent by google), if
TLS is turned off?
You'll get exactly this behavior.

Thomas

Von:    K Post <nntp.p...@gmail.com>
Datum:  27.09.2016 14:15
Betreff:        Re: [Assp-test] Inbound TLS from gmail.com addresses /
servers

My abbreviated notes:

1) What a terrific explanation!!  Thank you Thomas not just for the write
up, but for taking all the time necessary to figure all this out

2) IO::Socket::SSL and Net::SSLeay
Both of mine are the latest versions (newer than the recommended / minimum
that shows in the info gui)

3) A different / additional problem with TLS?  Can we tell what algorithm
Google uses?

So we wasted allot of time looking for a TLS/SSL issue - life is not easy.

*******************************
Back to the 'TLS' relation. Forget it - this issue has totaly nothing to
do with TLS/SSL!
*******************************

What you describe elsewhere makes sense, BUT looking at my tests, an email
with 11 MB of attachments takes 19 seconds with TLS turned off, and with
TLS on 662 seconds.   That's 34 times longer.  I know SSL takes processing
power, but that's a huge overhead no?

*Can we tell from the logs / debug / or some other test what TLS algorithm
google is using*?  Since I only see this horrific slowdown with Google and
TLS, I wonder if I might only allow a (slightly?) lesser algorithm that's
still secure but not quite as intensive.

Note that identical hardware runs Apache on Windows with OpenSSL, Exchange
(SSL), and others without any noticeable slowdown due to the encryption.

You've clearly identified a major different problem with grow, etc, but
I'm
not so sure that I'm not also experiencing a SSL/TLS problem.

Eagerly awaiting the next version!  Thanks.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!