Outlook itself is a typo.  I think it's supposed to be called LookOut!

-Using the outlook function "send email as attachment" or "forward email as
attachment" has NEVER worked - because outlook destroys the original MIME
header. But the original header is particularly important for analysis
systems!

But isn't the message that's attached as a .msg file fully saved, intact,
in the appropriate corrected corpus folder?   I'm using subject names for
file names and with 21302 the files names no longer are the subject of the
.msg, but with 21293 it was.  The content of the saved file is still
correct though.  So why can't ASSP use that for the analysis?

The analysis on those saved files go off without an error.  It's only the
analysis that's triggered at the time the correction report is emailed
that's misfiring. * If outlook is destroying the mime header of the
original .msg file, could whatever ASSP is doing to that be used then the
analyze report runs?   *Should/could the code be changed to instead run the
newly saved report file (or it's contents that may already be in a
variable) through analyze?

I've done the best I can to interpret what the ASSP code's doing. To me, it
doesn't look like the ConfigureAnalyze that runs is done on the saved file,
rather it's done looking at least at the headers of the report email itself
(vs the reported email).  ASSP seems to yell when it hits a tab in the
header of the report email, NOT the header of the .msg file that's
attached, but the header of the report itself.  If I change the TO line of
the report email to be short enough (demonstrated in the previous message
in this thread), assp doesn't complain about the to line anymore, instead
it complains when it hits the next tab.  In the example, that was when it
hit one of the attachment boundaries.

With Outlook doing line continuations with a tab, shouldn't ASSP account
for that even with report emails?  It seems to handle it just fine
everywhere else.  I read through parts of RFC822 and it seems to suggest
that a tab is a valid line continuation method.  ASSP's headerUnwrap seems
to account for this just fine, but maybe that's not being used with the
analyze?

We're on the same page about Outlook being an evil beast.  Unfortunately,
it is by far the most common mail client in use, so I've got to deal with
it.  What I'm trying to accomplish is having a reliable and easy way for
all staff to report.  Forwarding as an attachment from Outlook does seem to
work, just not once the additional analysis report is run.

- the mail is to be exported (.msg or .eml) and then (possibly zip) sent to
the system

Zipping works 100%.  Saving message as msg then attaching doesn't seem to
be any different from forward as attachment

- or to attach the mail to a new mail via drag and drop (this may not work
in every case and every outlook versions)

No difference here, at least with Outlook 2019

- or to use a plugin which provides any of the both options (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/assp/files/assp_mail_client_plugins/

Unfortunately I don't have access to all end user's machines, especially
with the pandemic having so many users with email on personal devices.  I
wish we could provide charity owned laptops for home use, but I can't even
get budget approval for a new desk chair.

I've got to keep it easy easy easy for end users to report.  No 2 or 3 step
processes, no plugins required.  Just forward as attachment.  That works
(even with 21302's wrong analyze warnings and file name mangling).  It
would just be nice to get propper analyze reports to make it easier for me
to stay on top of what's being reported.

Another thing that doesn't seem to work is the handling of multiple .msg
attachments in one report. That happens if a user selects several messages
and does a forward as attachment.  That's never worked, but if when you
have the time and energy to review what's going on with the above, maybe
you could also consider fixing (adding?) this functionality?

...as always...  Thank you
Ken