On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Roland Mainz <roland.ma...@nrubsig.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> ----
>
> Mostly offtopic for this list:
> TheRegister.co.uk has a small article about the ne SPARC64-X processor
> - see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/04/fujitsu_sparc64_x_processor/
>
> Noteable (for us) feature is the Decfloat accelerator... which is IMHO
> an indicator that Decimal floating point has become more important
> (remember the old proposal for typeset -D and typeset -lD to define
> |decimal64| and |decimal128| datatypes (agghllrr... does anyone
> remember which printf format letters are reserved for DecFloat ?))

The 'reserved' letters in printf formats for decimal floating point
are %D and %H, it will be used to represent decimal floating point
formats in the future (i.e. the decimal floating point length
modifiers for printf and scanf floating point conversion specifiers
(a, A, e, E, f, F, g, G) are DF for _Decimal32, DD for _Decimal64, and
DL for _Decimal128).