On 6 October 2012 09:31, Glenn Fowler <g...@research.att.com> wrote:

> ast ksh 2012-10-04 alpha source packages have been posted to
>         www.research.att.com/sw/download/alpha/
>
> this alpha includes { grep xargs iconv } as ksh static builtins
> any b_*() function added to src/lib/libcmd will automatically be added as a
> ksh static builtin
>
> access the builtins by adding /opt/ast/bin in PATH before the dirs that
> contain the bative executables
>
> there is another mechanism for binding ksh static builtins via the envionment
> that dgk will describe shortly

Is this just the new .sh.op_ variable or something else?

> this is alpha and needs thorough testing, especially the new static builtins

We use the buildksh93.sh script Olga provided. Using that script
ast-ksh builds and the feedback I have from my staff is very positive
with grep enabled on Linux, in par of the level the buildksh93 script
produced with the .extrabuiltins patch option to move the grep command
to libcmd in previous versions of ast-open.
We're very very happy with this :)

Testing of the iconv and xargs builtins will be done this week, too.

Lionel