Hello,

I am currently using a lot of SIP MESSAGEs, which rely on the Message/ast_msg_queue channel in Asterisk. Unless I misunderstood something, this channel is acting as a kind of "singleton" : there is only one instance of this channel, which processes one message after the other. This behaviour makes it more difficult to handle large amounts of messages, especially if the dialplan handling the messages takes a long time to execute.

So my questions are the following :

1- what is the reason for this "singleton" behaviour ? Why not creating one channel for each SIP message ?

2- is it technically possible (and even desirable) to change this behaviour ?

Best regards,

Jean Aunis