On 03/16/2017 04:35 PM, Kevin Harwell wrote:
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjor...@digium.com <mailto:mjor...@digium.com>> wrote:

    <snip>

    Questions than:
    (1) Should there even be a line length rule?

I lean toward yes just to keep things sane (e.g. keeping someone extending a function definition to infinity and beyond). Also sometimes I split my editor's screen vertically and have multiple code views up. The vertical split reduces my column length and I either have to start scrolling or (in my current setup) the line gets wrapped. Both hurt readability for me.
This is an issue on gerrit sometimes, an issue with the side-by-side view of patches sometimes doesn't allow you to scroll all the way to the right edge of a line.