Hi Guys,

I hope this is the correct mailing list for this question.

I have a dual 1.6 Ghz Itanium with 4 Gb of memory. Yes, a lot of power for Asterisk. I am running SuSE Enterprise Server with the 2.6.5-7.97-default kernel. I have just started to look into Asterisk and I am in the building stage. Now building something on Itanium is almost always a bit of a challange. This is unfortunately the case for Asterisk as well. I have seen some binary build for Itanium on Debian, so it should work somehow.

The problem I am currently facing seem to be in the codecs/gsm directory. I am getting the error:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/asterisk/codecs/gsm'
if [ ! -d ./lib ] ; then mkdir ./lib ; fi
gcc -pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g -Iinclude -I../include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -c -DNeedFunctionPrototypes=1 -funroll-loops -fPIC -O6 -march=ia64 -DSASR -DNDEBUG -DWAV49 -I./inc src/add.c
cc1: error: invalid option `arch=ia64'