I anyone has any hesitations in upgrading their 405P (or 410P) to V2 of the firmware, read below;

I installed one today (turnaround time around 2 weeks to Australia, inc. economy freight in both directions... impressive!) and have noticed immediate, significant improvements.

Audio levels are better (have set tx and rx gains back to 0.0) and missed frames have gone (popping, clicking, etc.). Echo on bridged calls has also gone (I have now been able to disable echo cancellation on bridged calls, too!).

I'm now rushing to get my other 2 upgraded.

BTW: Make sure you have 1.0.9.2 zaptel drivers. The card didn't work with 1.0.9.1 drivers!

I do NOT have the echo canceller module installed, as 90% of my calls are zaptel bridged calls.

Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270