On Oct 12, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Lee Howard wrote:

Tom Rymes wrote:

(I would like to be able to receive faxes reliably
over our PRI)

Until then, however, I still recommend HylaFAX.

If your PRI comes in to a TE405P or somesuch then you can pass fax DIDs out through another port on the TE405P and out to a T1 faxmodem (such as a Patton 2977) or a T1 channel bank and then to analog modems.

Good call, Lee. Unfortunately, we only have a single port Sangoma card in our asterisk server. In order to do what you suggest, I would have to buy a dual port card and a channel bank or T1 modem. Thats more $$$ than is warranted by our fax traffic.

Also, given reports of problems related to frame-slippage and other weirdness encountered when sending data/fax through Asterisk, I'm reluctant to invest that money. Have you tried this setup yourself?

Tom