As far as I was aware a license was only required in contries that had software patents, I know that there arnt here so I am just seeking clarification if thats all there is to it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yes. The G.729.x source code (in C) can be downloaded for free from ITU-T as the spec actually are in C code. But, even if you use this raw, non-tuned version you will need to pay a license fee to ITU-T per channel.

The same for G.723.x

The version that Digium offer is optimized, meaning that they have done basic improvments on the c-code to be able to run more channels. This is however very basic stuff.

Jan

Richard Malcolm-Smith wrote:

Do I need licenses to use the codec in New Zealand?