C F wrote:
Kevin, I'm not sure this would work here, but maybe it would.
There was a bug posted about being able to use hint against local
channels, would that not help him?

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779&nbn=4

No, the issue is that multiple ISDN devices are not distinct channels as far as Asterisk is concerned; they are all 'Zap/1' with different extensions behind that channel.

This is the same question as asking 'if I have a PRI connected to my Panasonic PBX, can I use hints for all the extensions on that PBX'. It won't work in Asterisk, because it's not aware of the actual endpoints, only the channel that connects to them.