I work for a call center and we are looking at using asterisk to have our operators take calls. Our message taking software records all the calls on the operators computers. Right now we use these recording controls from radio shack that plug in between the wall jack and the phone and plug in via a 1/8 inch stereo connector to the mic input on the computer. If I buy an IP phone I can't do that. I could get an FXO adapter and regular phones, but I'm looking to get as little equipment as possible. Radio shack makes a recording control that plugs in to a 2.5 mm headset jack, but it takes batteries so thats not going to work

Does anyone else do something similar? Does anyone have any ideas about what producs/setup would work for this.

--
Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager