Ok here is our setup. We are using Asterisk 1.2.6 and Zaptel 1.2.5. We are using RedFone’s FoneBridge’s. We also have a Nortel Option 11C that we have hooked up to the Asterisk.

We have 3 T1’s from MCI into one FoneBridge on ports 1 to 3 using d4 and ami signaling. Then we have a local Qwest T1 on port 4 using esf and b8zs. All four are configured with em_w. We are, at this point, only using Asterisk as an IVR with plans to move off the Nortel in the future if we can make this work. We have a second FoneBridge with four PRI’s connected to our Nortel 11C using esf and b8zs and pri_net. The telco T1’s do not have D-Channels but the Nortel do. Calls come into the first FoneBridge and into Asterisk. They are played a message about call recording and then the call is transferred to the Nortel system to be processed by an agent.

When we first fire this up all seems to work just fine, calls come in, get the message and then transfer to the Nortel and on to an agent. Everybody is happy.

The problem is after 5-20 minutes calls on the MCI lines start getting busy signals. The Qwest line NEVER stops working. We would place a few test calls on the MCI and get busy signals and then they start going through again. A few minutes later they get busy signals again.

When we get the busy signals there is no response on the Asterisk CLI with verbose at 10. It’s as if the Asterisk is not ever seeing the call.

What is annoying is that it works fine for a bit and then starts hiccupping.

Can anyone shed any light on where to look? Any help would be desperately appreciated.

Please help.

Kevin Savoy

Business Unit Telecom Analyst

2218 4th Ave W