Thanks to everyone for their tips and suggestions. I finally got the
card working by using the YellowDog Linux kernel from ppckernel.org.
There must have been some setting in the kernel config that made a
difference because the card suddenly started working after that, even
after a kernel recompile of 2.6.16.18 using the same config.

On 6/3/06, Tzafrir Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 11:15:57PM +0200, Woodoo People .pGa! wrote:
>  Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
>  Zaptel Version: 1.2.5 Echo Canceller: MG2
>  Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...
>  wcfxo: probe of 0000:00:0e.0 failed with error -5
>
> these lines means, your x100p is not initialized - therefore cannot
> be used by zaptel. the problem below, reported by ztconfig.
> as the usage of zaptel device is following:
> modprobe zaptel
> modprobe module_of_card (like wcfxo)
> if it found, ztcfg
> if you see the device in /proc/zaptel/1 (or 2 or so)
> you can start asterisk and enjoy the device.
>
> you can believe me, this problem is in relation with irq sharing.
> (as i meet with that problem every time i have installed more than one
> card in a box - what i did more than 20 times)

In one at least one board the problem was resolved by adding the boot
parameter 'pci=noacpi' , IIRC.

Which is, indeed, something in the neighbourhood of IRQ assignments.

--
Tzafrir Cohen      sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq#16849755       iax:[EMAIL PROTECTED]