On 2006-08-24 06:32:27 -0700, Jon Schøpzinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

I also have this phone, and have stumbled in to the same problem.
I just think that it isn't in nokia's interest to change this, as it forces consumers to have some sort of local hardware, that (possibly) only the telecom provider can give them. This forces the users away from using cheaper services. Nokia makes a load from the telecom operators around the world, and are not interested in pissing them off, by letting their users bypass their price structure.

Just my 5 cents.

This is a bogus non-issue. Your system isn't configured right or the phone is set wrong. I have used my E60 from many locations on NATS outside the local LAN (which is also a NATTED config).

I think the "it's a conspiracy" thing is a red herring.

Now, the fact you can't easily get these phone in the US, that's a conspiracy ;~)

Marty