Brian Capouch wrote:
Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

Administrator TOOTAI wrote:

Cory Andrews wrote:

I caught a thread the other day concerning Astricon and users embedding
Asterisk on a Linksys or Netgear broadband router.  I lost track of the
email thread, if anyone is presently working with this scenario please shoot
me an email.

Cory,

OpenWRT -running on Linksys WRT- has asterisk packages.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# ipkg list | grep asterisk
asterisk - 1.0.10-1 - An open source PBX
asterisk-chan-mgcp - 1.0.10-1 - a Media Gateway Control Protocol implementation for Asterisk asterisk-chan-skinny - 1.0.10-1 - a Skinny Client Control Protocol implementation for Asterisk asterisk-codec-ilbc - 1.0.10-1 - an Internet Low Bitrate Codec (ILBC) Translator for Asterisk asterisk-codec-lpc10 - 1.0.10-1 - an LPC10 (Linear Predictor Code) 2.4kbps Voice Coder for Asterisk asterisk-codec-speex - 1.0.10-1 - a Speex/PCM16 Codec Translator for Asterisk
asterisk-mini - 1.0.10-1 - A minimal open source PBX
asterisk-mysql - 1.0.10-1 - MySQL modules for Asterisk
asterisk-pbx-dundi - 1.0.10-1 - Distributed Universal Number Discovery (DUNDi) support for Asterisk
asterisk-pgsql - 1.0.10-1 - PostgreSQL modules for Asterisk
asterisk-res-agi - 1.0.10-1 - Asterisk Gateway Interface module
asterisk-sounds - 1.0.10-1 - a sounds collection for Asterisk
asterisk-voicemail - 1.0.10-1 - VoiceMail related modules for Asterisk

Daniel,

    Those are ancient!  Capouch has MUCH newer packages.

--

Mine probably aren't managed as well. I'm a one-person operation with too many irons in the fire!!

Has anybody out there, on non-FPU embedded platorms, made any good use of things like ilbc and Speex?

I downloaded those packages a while back but they were dramatically unusuable on either the WGT or the WRT models.

Maybe I'm missing something?

B.

B,

If you went to GlobalSound, you might be able to get a fixed point ilbc implementation. I think they sell it.

Of course I'm mostly joking. That would probably be a pretty large undertaking. It would still be awesome if someone did it, though. If someone does take up this cause - why not whip up a fixed point g729 implementation while you are at it?

I'm pretty sure that there is an easy to get fixed point implementation of speex. I don't know if that will solve all of your issues, but it is a start.

P.S. - We'll have to work on your code to get it in a buildroot. Maybe even some packages! Hopefully we'll have some time at Astricon.

--
Kristian Kielhofner