Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND wrote:
We have been running an Asterisk box with 1.2.9.1 on it since August in a call center environment. We use the Asterisk box as an IVR and then pass the calls on to a Nortel Option 11C. Today we found in our long distance bill two calls that lasted a VERY long time. One was 58 hours and another was 38 DAYS!!!

Nortel does not show this call being that long. Obviously the person that called in didn’t hold the line for 58 days so somehow between Asterisk and MCI the call got stuck open and didn’t hang up on the network.

My question is two parts, part one, has anyone heard of anything like this where a call doesn’t hang up properly and seems “stuck” in the system. Part two is there anyway to monitor in Asterisk the length of all active calls and then if a call lasts longer then, say one hour, we could send off a text message or warning.

Hi ,

similiar thing happend to me. Try looking at the L() optin in Dial. I define a max call time, say few hours, then warn every x seconds, then cut the call.

--
thanks,
Yusuf

believed to be clean.