I had the same problem last year, at the time for some reason Timeout instruction wouldn't trigger, so, just to be sure not to have to pay for another longdistance call, I did the following, (following someone's advise in here)

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "show channels concise" |awk -F : '($11 > 1500) {print "/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx \"soft hangup " $1 "\""} '|sh

this will hangup any call longer than 1500 seconds, or what ever value you choose

hope it helps you somehow

;-)

Manrique

Cullin J. Wible escribió:
You should:

Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=14400)

When the call is received - this will set the maximum limit of a call and
asterisk will force hang-up when the limit is reached.

14400 seconds = 4 hours, which for our purposes is longer then any call we
expect. Even if you double-it or set it to several days some limit is better
then nothing.

When we found the same problem we had a call that was stuck open for 20
days. The call was stuck in a conference and was sending the on-hold music,
which is what kept it open.

Hope that helps.

Cullin J. Wible