Hi

I had the same situation, in that I wanted to be able to use the
Voicemail 'dial back' feature, and had a few phones with internal
CID-based dial features, that I wanted to be allowed to be used. Your
normal context is set up to operate with a '9' (or whatever) in front;
so it is clear that you will need a different context from which to
dial, a context that doesn't have the '9' at the beginning.

I appreciate your point, but it's not that hard to avoid having the 9 prefix at all (in a simple dialplan at least). So to be honest one might as well dump the whole "dial 9" thing completely in the scenario you describe?

I think the solution here is really that the CID type applications become aware of prefix digits and strip them. Anyone know of good solutions to this?

Any backend solutions to get Asterisk to hook into Exchange server etc?

Cheers

Ed W