One thing I've noticed with SIP -> ZAP calls for quite some time is that when asterisk is dialing n digits out the zap line, it dials n-1 digits, pauses for *TWO* seconds, and then sends the nth digit. Doesn't matter how many numbers I want to send out the ZAP channel, this always seems to happen.

Asterisk 1.2.x is affected for sure. I haven't tested 1.4 yet. But if we could get this figured out, that would shave two seconds off MY nearly-five-second setup time.

Mojo

P.S. Polycom Soundpoint 501, TDM w/ 4xFXO, Asterisk 1.2.13

Jordan Novak wrote:
I have had a lot of complaints about the time it takes to setup a call. I have timed it and it is almost five seconds before it even starts ringing. The SIP device sends the request almost instantly but the channel is taking a long time to pickup and dial. It wouldn't be so bad but they hear nothing. I would like to provide ringback before the zaptel actually starts ringing the channel. Has anybody done this, it seems like it would be a zaptel option. Jordan Novak