Is your carrier delivering service via a TDM circuit?

It has been our experience that you will get far more reliable fax performance via the method you describe (analog device terminated to a port on a FXS line card) than attempting to use an ATA on the LAN. However, if your carrier is a SIP or IAX trunking provider, your reliability concerns are on the other side of your SIP switch.

Bryan Johns
Partner

Shelton | Johns
1805 Old Alabama Road