On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Steve Totaro wrote:

> Steve Edwards wrote:
>> I have 12 T1's going into 3 servers, 4 in each into "Digium, Inc. Wildcard
>> TE410P Quad-Span togglable E1/T1/J1 card 3.3v (rev 02)" cards.
>>
>> Each "group" of T1's have the primary D on 24 and the secondary D on 96.
>>
>> The first server (ts20) and the last server (ts22) can playback
>> "demo-congrats" fine. The "middle" server (ts21) cannot -- just dead air.
>>
>> If I call via ZAP, dead air. If I call via IAX, I hear the file.
>>
>> I copied /etc/zaptel.conf, /etc/asterisk/*,
>> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/demo-congrats.gsm from ts20 to ts21 -- no joy.
>>
>> I have seen this in my system log file:
>>
>> Oct 2 18:41:49 WARNING[7477]: chan_zap.c:8087 zt_pri_error: [Span 0
>> D-Channel 0] PRI: !! Got reject for frame 95, but we have nothing --
>> resetting!
>>
>> I'm running asterisk-1.2.24, asterisk-addons-1.2.7, libpri-1.2.5,
>> zaptel-1.2.20.1.
>>
>> "show channel zap/?," "zap show channel ?" appear identical between
>> working and non-working systems both "on-hook" and "off-hook."
>>
>> Any clues or clues where to start looking?

> Double check both zaptel.conf and zapata.conf and also call the telco to
> make sure they have they have the same NFAS scheme on all T1s setup
> correctly.  Sometimes (let's face it, alot of times, the provider messes
> something up).
>
> Also check that all of your T1 cables are plugged into the correct T1
> port.  I have made that mistake myself when doing 28 T1s off a T3.  I
> got dead air just as you described.

I think this is the problem, or at least "a" problem.

When Qwest pointed a number to the group, I noticed that calls arrived on
ascending channel numbers. I observed...

        Accepting call from '202239xxxx' to '866205xxxx' on channel 0/1, span 1
        Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack

Subsequent calls show the following:

        Channel         Span            Zap
        0/1             1               1
        .
        .
        .
        0/23            1               23
        1/1             1               73
        .
        .
        .
        1/23            1               95
        2/1             1               25
        .
        .
        .
        2/24            1               48
        3/1             1               49
        .
        .
        .
        3/24            1               72

So it looks to me like the T1 that is plugged into the second jack on the
card really belongs in the 4th jack. Can I fix this by munging my
configuration? (I'm in San Diego and the servers are in Phoenix.)

Here's my zaptel.conf:

#
# span 1
span                                    = 1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 1-23
dchan                                   = 24
#
# span 2
span                                    = 2,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 25-48
#
# span 3
span                                    = 3,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 49-72
#
# span 4
span                                    = 4,2,0,esf,b8zs
bchan                                   = 73-95
dchan                                   = 96
#
# (end of /etc/zaptel.conf)

And my zapata.conf:

[trunkgroups]
         trunkgroup                      = 1,24,96
         spanmap                         = 1,1,0
         spanmap                         = 2,1,2
         spanmap                         = 3,1,3
         spanmap                         = 4,1,1

[channels]
         context                         = block-ani
         echocancel                      = no
         echocancelwhenbridged           = no
         echotraining                    = no
         group                           = 1
         resetinterval                   = never
         signalling                      = pri_cpe
         switchtype                      = dms100
;       switchtype                      = 4ess

; span 1 (1-24)
         channel                         = 1-23
; span 2 (25-48)
         channel                         = 25-48