Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Rob Hillis
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. März 2008 11:01
An: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Betreff: Re: [asterisk-users] BLF and Snom phones

Bill Hackensack wrote:

        On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Philipp Kempgen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

                http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5014

        The response on that issue from Russell is the kind of response that
really ticks me off.  No, no, no, we don't want any real features that users
want, we want basic, boring features.  Asterisk is a call center system, not
for regular, everyday business users.

        It could be so much more, though...

        Works great as an advanced IVR as a front end to a real phone system,
though.

While his basic point makes sense (we want to get away from channel specific
implementation stuff) what he seems to be ignoring is that this patch actually
provides no benefit at all to non-SIP channels, since the Snom phones don't
support any technology other than SIP.

I still think Asterisk is more than just a front-end to a "rea"l phone system.
What you can achieve with Asterisk is vastly beyond anything you can achieve
with most other PABX systems without spending an utter fortune.