On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

You can try zttest, although I'd bet it will hang. See what's going
to the console (or use dmesg.) If it's a lot of rtc errors, then
you'll likely need to upgrade your kernel to at least 2.6.23.11. That
worked for me.

I'd be surprised if that is the solution - I have been using ztdummy with the RTC hook since 2.6.9 with no problems, and again on 2.6.18-53.1.6.el5

Unless it's a 64-bit issue - I've only ever used 32-bit.

I'm using 32-bit as well, but it may depend on the hardware. I'm using HP DL-380s and Debian (both etch and sarge had the same problems.)

I did nothing other than upgrade my kernel (and recompile zaptel, of course) and it just started to work. I used to get a lot of those missing interrupt errors to the console before, not now.

If zttest hangs, I'd suspect the drivers are loaded. Otherwise, you'll get an error that it can't find a zap device (and playback then works.)

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com