Agree that the 603 is wrong. It hasn't caused me issues but I see where it
could. And it goes against what I have been teaching in my classes, which is
irritating ;-)

In Asterisk, it's only used when we have no other hangup cause - and is
propably an indication that there is a code path that doesn't set the proper
hangup cause.

I'm willing to implement a bug fix for this and have it configurable in
released code and make it default in trunk. I don't want to force changed
behaviour in released code.

Now, what would be a 4xx class generic error message on the same level?
/O