On 11/01/2010 08:20 PM, Joel Maslak wrote:
Be careful, telcos may make the users responsible if they have insecure PBXes...right now they often write off much of the charges.

you must have a great telco - around here even credits that are agreed to seldom show up on the bill without investing more time chasing it than the credit is worth.

But I do agree that there would be a lot less garbage on the net if everyone was liable for their insecurity. Heck, there would be no SIP attacks if everyone's systems were secure - there would be no gain in trying to exploit reasonably unexploitable systems.