Personally, I have been shot at on top the Iraqi Government building in the IZ from the Red Zone. I was setting up and troubleshooting the Motorola Canopy WiFi system. Just a few 7.62x39 rounds, nothing I would call heavy fire.

It was because you were setting up the canopy stuff, not related to being in Iraq. Motorola sure goofed on that abortion.

The only "Heavy Fire" I took was standing on top of one of the buildings at the FOB trying to trace a cable and the ricochets from the firing range were landing all over the place. That happens when 30 guys are training with AKs and a T-Wall as the backstop.

I have deployed Asterisk systems in war zones many times, in West African countries, Iraq, Baltimore and South East DC. I would certainly seek shelter/defensive position if there was gun play. LOL, you can wish yourself into a gun fight but you cannot wish yourself out.

It would also be a whole lot easier for someone to physically feed me so my hands could be free to work in hostile environments, maybe an LN can bring me a portable toilet and make sure it is fresh, that would make everything so easy and easy is what we all want.

Heck, I could just set it up at the FOB and then deploy it.

At any rate, I asked the guy to post his success, so I am not sure why you posted, but thanks. It only takes 10% truth to make a legend.

Thanks,
Steve T