These prices are simply stunning ...

Little can go wrong with the CPU's speed.

awesome,

BC

On 05/10/12 14:32, Terry Brummell wrote:
This thread may interest you.  Add a SSD and RAM and you're good to go!

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/diy-piaf2-server-200.
12460/

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of John
Novack
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:28 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] looking for "solid state" like PC suitable
for Asterisk

Correct. I have never been accused of being a good speller!

JN

Bart Coninckx wrote:
That's Soekris I suppose. Never heard of them, but it looks mighty
interesting.

Cheers,

BC

On 05/10/12 13:35, John Novack wrote:
I use HP Thin Clients with AstLinux installed.
HP 5720's are available on eBay for not much money, or there are many
small boards available new if you don't or can't use used.  10 watts,
no fan, no HD

Not sure what might be available in your part of the world, but there
are Sockris and ALIX flash based boards. AstLinux has special
configurations for these.
I have 20-30 AstLinux on thin clients working without a belch on a
private collectors network

John Novack

Bart Coninckx wrote:
Hi all,

for smaller (or maybe even bigger) sites I'm looking for a smaller,
appliance-type like PC, preferably solid state and fanless PC.
Since it's only going to run Asterisk for a couple of extensions I
don't think CPU and RAM need to be maxed out.

Does anyone have inspiration/experience for/about such a model?

thx!!

BC