I currently run an Asterisk 10 system with hotdesking functionality set up.
Several of the users have worked with a system in the past that supported BLF
on their IP phones, and would like their current phones to behave in a similar
fashion.  Right now I have a really kludgy system that mostly works, but
doesn't consistently trigger the cleanup macro to "clear" the device state on
the end of a call.  Rather than continue to beat my head against the wall
playing "which context isn't firing an h extension to dump calls into the
cleanup macro", I decided to investigate Asterisk 11 for the new Dial() b
function and the new hangup handler CHANNEL variable.

I have the hints working more or less correctly on direct calls to/from the
phones, making use of the b and U functions in Dial() and some judicious use of
GROUP channel variables and CHANNEL(hangup_handler_wipe).  But, on my live
system, sometimes the users receive calls from a queue, and I don't see any way
with the queue calls to emulate the b functionality in Dial() to be able to set
the agent extension's device state to RINGING when the queue call gets created.
 Obviously, I can use membergosub to set the agent to "INUSE" after they pick
up the call (like Dial() U), but is there anything that I can use to manipulate
the channel that is calling the agent while/before it is ringing?

Thank you,

Noah Engelberth
MetaLINK Technologies