On 31/07/2013 8:08 PM, Joshua Colp wrote:
Zoltán Fekete wrote:
Thank You Larry!

I have discussed with my provider. They are not able to insert the
T38MaxBitRate value into the sip answer. :(
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6120148 (line 559)

That means we are not able to passtrough T38 Faxes with any asterisk
version at all?
What do you mean? Am I able to modify and compile the source? Is it
compicated? (I'm not a developer)

Based on the SDP in your gist the remote implementation has given no
attributes with the T.38 stream which makes it pretty broken
(T38FaxRateManagement is mandatory) and fun. The two hard parts really
would be 1. Modifying Asterisk in a sane fashion to cope and 2.
Determining the exact settings to make the implementation happy.
Defaults as defined in the spec are fine and good, but my experience has
taught me to throw those out the window when it comes to actual
implementations.

It would seem that having a configurable option would be an idea for this scenario.

My testing with Asterisk 1.8 and T.38, I obserevd that setting FAXOPT(minrate) or FAXOPT(maxrate)had no effect, I concluded that when Astrerisk is receiving it uses hard coded values - is this a sane thing to do?!

If Asterisk T.38 reception could be configured to use the values defined in FAXOPT(minrate) or FAXOPT(maxrate)this would be a good starting point for situations like this one.

Cheers,

Larry.