On 25-01-14 06:26, Amit wrote:
Thanks for response.
How do I derive the requirement? I need to size IO system to record multiple
calls concurrently.

I'm not aware of 400+ calls being recorded succesfully on an Asterisk box. If there is it probably has tons of RAM, enterprise grade SSDs or 15K RPM FC/SAS drives in a battery backed RAID setup or a fast SAN saving the calls in native format (via a tmpfs) with the transcoding probably done on another box.

I ran test with following configuration
Quad Core Xeon with 4GB RAM

Add more RAM and much much more if you are going to use tmpfs.

250GB SATA disk (No RAID)

Well you get the performance you pay for. CentOS comes with various utilities that allow you to analyze that.

Linux (CentOS 5.9)

Imo CentOS 6.5 (x86_64) has better performance.

Asterisk 1.8.20

In 9 months Asterisk 1.8 will only get security fixes. I would use Asterisk 11. It will get regular bug fixes for a much longer time.

I failed to record more than 80 calls.

Hardly surprising.

If I run test with simple IVR, I achieved 400+ calls with same server.

A simple IVR is not the same as call recording. The comparison makes as much sense as saying that copying to /dev/null is faster than to a disk.

So write seem to be an issue.
Is there any way to tune / optimize / configure for better write performance?

I am not sure if I need to post this query on developers list? Please guide...

No, this is a user question and does not belong on the developer list.

Since you seem to work for a call center business perhaps investigate a commercial solution like Orecx (I have no affiliation):

http://www.orecx.com/OrecX-for-Asterisk.php

HTH,
Patrick