I've got the registration period set to 15 minutes.  However, I've got
similar devices all over the place that don't seem to have this
unreliability issue.  The way I solved it with the SPA303 that I had in the
office was to replace the Ubee modem with a different make/model.  That's
not an option in this particular case, though.

Mike.