On 02/06/2014 09:25 AM, Mike Diehl wrote:
I've got the registration period set to 15 minutes.  However, I've got
similar devices all over the place that don't seem to have this
unreliability issue.  The way I solved it with the SPA303 that I had in the
office was to replace the Ubee modem with a different make/model.  That's
not an option in this particular case, though.

More then likely, the replacement router/modem had a different timeout and it was a luck of the draw that it worked.

In routers that allow me to set the UDP timeout, I normally set the timeout to 90 seconds. Most routers that done offer a setting for this are usually set to 90 or 120 seconds

Then I usually set my registration time on the ATA's to 60 seconds.

The devices I seem to have most issues with are SonicWall routers.

Jim

Mike.