Hello list,

I have Asterisk running well inside our network. I did some experiments
exposing it to internet but had some issues:
1. NAT issues (voice one way, etc). From what I understand double-NAT users
will always have something like this
2. Immediately I see people trying to hack into. I did configure Fail2Ban and
it works somewhat, but not 100%. Erroneous logs, etc

So.. I ended up closing network. Currently most users inside network. My home
router have GRE tunnel to office so phone works just fine.
Another user uses VPN and soft phone and it works good too.

Now I need to setup some users with actual phone devices and none of those
solutions will work. So, I did some research and found
that some phones have VPN capability built in.

Right now I use Cisco SPA504G phones. We have auto-provisioning for them, works
well. But I don’t think they have VPN capability.

What I found it that Cisco 525g2 has AnyConnect functionality (SSL VPN) but not
sure if this is what I need.

We have Mikrotik router. Can I setup VPN on router and have this Cisco phone
auto-dial VPN and then connect to Asterisk? I’m asking to see if this will work
before I go in and buy that phone.
Or maybe there is other devices/solutions you suggest? I’d like to stay with
Cisco because I’m somewhat familiar with provisioning those..

Thank you

Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016