On 2017-04-17 12:41 PM, Victor Villarreal wrote:
* Asterisk is build to work on Linux. So your team needs some skills
like setting up a basic Linux server (Debian, Centos, etc), donwload
software from Internet, compile and install software manually.

It may be that the developers mostly use Linux but Unix (i.e. BSD) works perfectly fine as well. I run it on NetBSD and it is rock solid.

As for Asterisk vs. FreeSwitch, as a data point I started out with the latter but converted to Asterisk before going live. FS really was more Linux oriented and I had many problems getting it working on NetBSD. I also find the support here better.

If you run NetBSD (and probably any other BSD) you can install from their package system. I compile from source using the package but you can also install a pre-compiled version just as easily.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.