On 12/05/2018 05:00 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
On Wednesday 05 December 2018 at 15:31:38, hw wrote:
I don't see a table for that.

You need to create that for yourself.

Asterisk can write to database tables, but doesn't help you set them up, for
reasons I can't comment on.

How do I know what the schema needs to be? Does anybody have a scheme for the queue_log table (and maybe others)?

Do I get to see the queries that are being used to write this data, or do I need to form them myself and enter them into some configuration file?

How dynamic are changes made in the database?

If by "dynamic" you mean "quickly used" then the answer is "immediately".

There's a note in some configuration file saying that dynamic extensions are deprecated and suggesting to use func_odbc instead. This func_odbc seems to be the most awkward way anyone could think of for this, though.

For example, if I want to have an extension 'foobar' and want to ring
different devices depending on some factors (like time of day, for example),
can I modify the entry in the database for the device to ring from 'bar' to
'baz', and baz will ring instead of bar from thereon?

Yes.

And IIUC the extension would use something like 'Dial(SIP/ODBC_PICK_USER(...))' after defining a query for my ..._PICK_USER function in func_odbc.conf to return what to dial depending on the argument(s) supplied?

How do I make asterisk reload func_odbc.conf?  Or is that not needed?

Is it possible to use configuration from both the database and the files
at the same time?

Yes.

So far, that seems to work fine :)