As you see, * generates no busy tone, it hangs up the channel. It's your client which generates the tone. This is not something to be done from *.

Regards,
Doichin Dokov

Ryan Courtnage wrote:

Hello,

I find that when 2 extensions are connected, and one of the extensions hangs up on the call, the other will receive a busy signal (as if to indicate that the call is over).

Does this sound like a config problem, or is it the default behavior of *?

Example:

[ext-testing]
exten => 111,1,Dial(SIP/2001)
exten => 111,2,Hangup
exten => h,1,Hangup

Zap/2 dials 111:
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/2-1", "SIP/2001") in new stack
    -- Called 2001
    -- SIP/2001-b164 is ringing
    -- SIP/2001-b164 answered Zap/2-1

After SIP/2001 hangs up:
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/2-1", "") in new stack
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'

... followed by Zap/2 getting a "beep-beep-beep-..." 'busy tone'.

If this is the default behavior, can it be changed? After the remote end hangs-up on a call, I'd expect to hear either dialtone or silence.

Thanks
Ryan