Michael Sandee wrote:

Damn dude, you are a worse troll than me... :P

The fact is, freenode is so laggy with, but not restricted to, nickserv registrations... that the thing called "perform" in most irc clients is messed up, when using it to join some channels. Which can be useful when you are not on a very stable or 24/7 connection, such as dial-up or hong-kong based broadband connections ;)

Then people need to complain to freenode.

Other than that, it sucks to have it this way... but I know it is a problem with the spambots. Having the channel +s might be a better way to "fight" spambots, without putting a restriction on the users.

fight? they already know #asterisk exists.

Jeremy McNamara