Mike,
Also note that the wiki and google might also yield BAD/Wrong/not necessarily the way to do it, answers, so do not stop with the first one you find addressing your particular problem. Chances are if its a bad answer, someone will come in screaming a few posts later and rectify the problem, or offer a "clue-by-four". (I love that quote) Then it will be hashed for a week, and a consensus will emerge, and the next poor soul who inadvertently wanders in and asks that same question will have his head dented by someone screaming to "consult the wiki"...or "We just discussed that", RTFM or whatever...
So it might be there, or it might not, or it might be wrong, or it might be right, or it might be wrong, and then made right a bit further down...oh and expect some rudeness from some as well..
And YES, your effort at surmounting these obstacles will pay off...even IF we cant get rid of the damned echo...
Its a trip, any way you cut it.... ;)

Marc

Note that your mileage may vary (YMMV) when asking newbee questions on
the mailing list.  The folks who are most knowledgeable tend to be a
little burned out on answering questions.  Make sure you have done your
research before asking a question.  In many cases the archives *will*
already have the same question and answer(s) in it and many responses
will tend to push you towards them.

Good luck.  Asterisk can handle your problem assuming you put the right
amount of effort into it.