>I don't think we should let these misunderstandings judge the quality of
>Paul's Asterisk book. Even authors need to learn now and then :-)

Can I just point out that the reason I said what I said (see, I can't write)
was because Paul steadfastly refused to believe what we were saying, rather
than investigating it.ie His response was more like:

"You're wrong, I'm right."

rather than:

"Oh... maybe there's something I'm not aware of. I shall investigate immediately."

I'll admit techies always argue over stuff like this, primarily because they don't want
to be seen to not know something..

anyho..

I'd consider the discussion of the existance of forking closed and proven and we can
now begin
arguing over why it would/wouldn't be a good idea to include this behaviour in * ;)

Andy