Okay, time for an update.

I posted this as a bug. Very quickly got informed that it is not a bug, but instead, an undocumented 'feature'.

AbsoluteTimeout is treated as an *exception* (ie it looks like a hangup) by most applications, including Macro, which makes most applications exit.

This being said, this is why a 'T' extension in the calling context would run, but not a 'T' extension inside the macro. Once macro exists, the macro context no longer exists, and the 'T' extension inside the macro becomes 'inaccessible'.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to implement my logic without macros. Hopefully variables aren't screwed up by AbsoluteTimeout.

Thanks,
Chris