I thought Asterisk would indicate ringing on the PRI if it hadn't answered it yet. If you answer the PRI and then Dial() don't you get silence?

Since he says he's played a welcome message, I'd think the line has been answered and therefore he has to indicate ringing to the dialing party with ",r".

I might be wrong, though.