-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
Wieling
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 9:28 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Little off topic

Martin List-Petersen wrote:

Citat Eric Wieling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Martin List-Petersen wrote:

You can't, the T100P is a unchannelized T1 card.

This is 100% wrong. The T100P supports Channelized Voice T-1 (aka CT1)

If you want to use it with HylaFax you need either SpanDSP OR an analog port on Asterisk in addition to the T100P.

Might be that i'm wrong on the unchannelized bit, but i don't see, where the analog port will help you ?

The guy wants to do Hylafax directly on a T100P w/o Asterisk or Asterisk as middleware, which i don't see working. SpanDSP on the other side works well, but that is basically a softmodem emulation,

something Hylafax can't do.

I have not seen any applications for spandsp outside Asterisk, yet.

*nod*  I mist have missed the part about doing it all within Asterisk. I
think I wrote that message before my 2nd cup of coffee.

An analog port would allow you to plug a modem into the Asterisk box and
run Hylafax using that.

T-1-> Asterisk -> Analog -> Modem.