Tim,

For what it's worth, from my working sip.conf for Polycoms:

[2010]
type=friend
username=usr2010
callerid="MyName" <2010>
secret=nobodyknowswhatitis
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
context=admin
defaultip=192.168.1.10
progressinband=no

Notes:

dtmfmode=inband and progressinband=no - that seems to be recommended from * sample sip.conf file for Polycoms.

defaultip= setting helped with network issues, not only with Polycoms, with Cisco 7940 as well.

Also in main sip.conf:
[general]
disallow=all              ; Allow all codecs
allow=ulaw,alaw

maxexpirey=7200
defaultexpirey=3600
canreinvite=no

Also, if you are not behind NAT, why nat=yes? And if NAT is in use, what is your network infrastructure?

Also, what is Polycom's SIP firmware version? (mine is 1.3.4 from October 2004).

And of course: what is Asterisk and zaptel version? What is your zapata.conf (just curious)?

Andrei

Tim Jackson wrote:

Earlier tonight I moved our * box from an old Compaq w/ 3 X100P clone
cards to a 1U IBM server with a TDM04B card. I finally got the card
working in the server, but I'm having issues with these Polycom IP500s
now. Using the exact same config from the old server I'm getting weird
errors. Dial a number on the phone and it gives you dialtone but no user
interaction (if that makes sense) then after about 35-40 seconds it
displays "Line used remotely" and hangs up. Inbound calls ring, but you
can't answer them, registration seems to be ok, but I'm at a loss.

sip.conf:
[101]
type=friend
callerid="Tim Jackson - Home" <101>