Dominic Lu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If purchase the codec from GIPS, how difficult it is to implant it in
> Asterisk? What the cost will be?
>
> Our company has two Asterisk, one in headquarter and the other in
> branch office. We only need the communication between them. We are not
> satisfied with current codec either in bandwidth usage or voice
> quality. Since Skype really impress us in voice quality, so this kind
> of idea is generated.
>
> BR, Dominic

The narrow band codec from GIPS (narrowband iLBC) is free to use, and
already included in Asterisk. Therefore, I assume you are talking about
the wideband GIPS codec (wideband iLBC) which must be purchased, and
which Skype uses. The key issue is that right now Asterisk is rather
narrowband oriented. So far, I don't think any work has been done to
make it work with wideband codecs.

Regards,
Steve